Irish sea moss, often known as sea moss, is an incredible superfood with numerous health advantages! Sea moss Gel is quite simple to make and may be applied in a variety of ways, including as a face mask and smoothies. We walk you through every step of making it so you can start making use of its wonderful advantages.
Fruit-Infused Sea Moss Gel Recipe
A wonderful approach to make use of sea moss advantages is using fruit-infused sea moss gel. There’s no need to add this sea moss gel to a smoothie or beverage! You can take a spoonful straight out of the jar and enjoy the sea moss as is because it absorbs the flavour of the fruit it is combined with. Although it tastes exactly like applesauce with fruit flavour, it is incredibly nutrient-dense. This alkaline, vegan, naturally sweetened, and gluten-free sea moss gel is made with just 4 ingredients!
Why Will You Love This Fruit Infused Sea Moss Gel Recipe?
It contains a whopping 92 of the 102 minerals that our systems require.
It is Alkaline and Vegan.
Natural Sweetener is Used (no processed sugars).
How To Make Sea Moss Gel With Fruit? Let’s learn it now.
What Do You Need To Make Fruit Infused Sea Moss Gel?
You’ll require these 4 basic ingredients:
- Organic Fruit, Fresh or Frozen
- Pitted organic dates with Medjool
- Sea moss: But, of course! To produce this fruit-infused gel, the sea moss must first be cleaned and soaked as you typically would. For instructions on how to prepare Sea Moss Gel, you can read them here.
- Alkaline Water
How To Make Fruit Infused Sea Moss Gel?
- Clean the raw sea moss and soak it for at least 12 to 24 hours.
- To prepare the gel, gather the additional materials. Before using frozen fruit, allow it to thaw first. Additionally, before preparing the gel, let the dates soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer all of the ingredients to a powerful blender, and blend for one to three minutes, or until everything is smooth.
- Refrigerate after placing the sea moss in an airtight container. After around two hours in the refrigerator, the sea moss gel will thicken.
How To Make Flavoured Sea Moss Gel?
Discover how to make flavour sea moss gel at home. This incredibly simple recipe just calls for a few basic ingredients and can be customised to include your favourite flavours. You can add ginger, turmeric, honey, coconut, elderberry, in-fact you can add anything to your sea moss gel because sea moss is so versatile .
Why Should Sea Moss Be Flavoured?
Sea moss flavouring may be a smart decision for a variety of reasons.
To begin with, it greatly enhances the flavour of sea moss when added to your daily smoothie. Your daily glass of nutrition drink will take on a completely different flavour when you add flavour-infused sea moss.
Additionally, flavouring your regular amount of sea moss can boost its nutritional value.
How To Make Herb-Flavored Sea Moss Gel?
Follow the steps below to make herb-infused sea moss gel:
1. Place sea moss that has been rinsed in a pot on the heat and add three to four times as much water as sea moss. Increase the heat gradually to medium while stirring.
2. Add two to four tablespoons of your preferred chopped and dried herbs. Up the heat a bit further while stirring the pot until it starts to boil. At this point, you can choose to add something to sweeten the gel, like a tablespoon of date syrup or agave syrup.
3. Reduce the heat to low once everything starts to boil, then let the saucepan simmer. Keep stirring and add more water as necessary to keep the level from dropping too low. Avoid adding too much or the consistency won’t be gel-like. You’re ready to turn off the heat and filter everything out once the mixture in the pot reaches a gel-like consistency.
4. Carefully transfer the pot’s contents into a bowl after passing them through a large strainer. To get all the liquid out of the strainer and into the bowl, press or squeeze the substance and other leftover detritus into the strainer.
Place the bowl’s strained contents in a lidded mason glass jar and keep it in the refrigerator.
How To Make Irish Sea Moss Gel?
Irish Sea Moss Gel or popularly known as Sea Moss, is the same. Making an Irish Sea Moss Gel is an easy task. You can see how we make the best Sea Moss Gel with ease.
How Long Does Fruit Infused Sea Moss Gel Last?
Fruit Infused Sea Moss Gel lasts up to 3-4 weeks if kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It can also be kept for up to 3 months in the freezer. Try freezing the sea moss by pouring it into an ice-cube tray.
How Long Does Sea Moss Gel Last In A Jar?
Sea Moss Gel lasts a full month if kept in a container that is firmly sealed and placed in the back of your refrigerator. Additionally, the gel may last for 3-4 months when frozen, which is more than 3 times its typical shelf life.
Does Sea Moss Gel Expire (Go Bad)?
Yes, Sea Moss Gel expires or Go Bad. Usually, Sea Moss Gel lasts for 3-4 weeks (refrigerated). It must be refrigerated because it is a natural organic seaweed (sea algae). Sea Moss Gel will degrade over time because it is perishable.
Raw, dry sea moss can be kept for up to a year in an airtight container in a cool, dark location.
What Does Spoiled Sea Moss Smell Like?
Check your sea moss gel before consuming it at all times. How long sea moss gel will remain potent and safe for consumption depends on the storage conditions. When you open your sea moss gel and notice a strong fishy odour, a sour scent, or any mould or discolouration, this means the sea moss has been ruined. Make sure to toss it in the garbage right away and not eat it.
Can You Add Honey To Sea Moss Gel?
Yes, you can add Honey to Sea Moss Gel. In addition to enhancing the flavour of our sea moss, unpasteurized, raw honey also helps the beneficial bacteria in your gut thrive, offers antioxidants, and promotes the health of your immune system.
Can You Flavour Sea Moss?
Sea moss can be flavoured with a wide range of ingredients, including fruits, herbs, spices, and even vegetables. Since sea moss has essentially no flavour, you may flavour the gel with just about whatever you desire.
One of the best things about adding fruits or herbs to your sea moss gel is that, in addition to what sea moss offers, you also get the added advantage of the therapeutic components of the fruit and herbs.